Book Tour Review that I am Involved with. Different but Interesting book.

Damned - Lucas Astor, Alexandrea Weis

Damned
Alexandrea Weis & Lucas Astor
Publication date: October 3rd 2017
Genres: Adult, Supernatural

Over a hundred years after the death of Magnus Blackwell, Altmover Manor sits abandoned.

Lexie Arden and her fiancé, Will Bennet, are determined to rescue the neglected Mount Desert Island landmark. They want to make Altmover Manor their home. But Magnus has other plans.

A spirit bound to his former residence, Magnus finds himself inexplicably drawn to the young woman. She has a supernatural gift; a gift Magnus wants to exploit.

As Lexie and Will settle in, secrets from Magnus’s past begin to surface. Compelled to learn all she can about the former owner, Lexie becomes immersed in a world of voodoo, curses, and the whereabouts of a mysterious dragon cane.

Magnus’s crimes won’t be so easily forgotten, and what Lexie unearths is going to change the future … for everyone.

My Review

First I have to say Magnus's is definitely not a nice guy, I know his a ghost but his a guy still. He was a ghost that did some gross things and Lexie didn't even seem upset or grossed out. I will say Magnus did have some good moments but for most of the book he was a jerk. I really had a love, hate, but mostly hate relationship with him.

Now Lexie was for the most part okay, but I don't understand how she could want to be around Magnus after what he did. I loved her ability to see and talk to ghost. I will say, while she did think Magnus was good-looking, I could tell she was in love with her boyfriend Will.

I thought Will was okay but pretty naive. (Sorry if I spelled  the wrong.) He didn't want to believe Lexie had this gifted when there were things happening that couldn't be explained. Plus other individuals besides Lexie was telling him the same things.

This is definitely different than other books I usually read due to voodoo. But that didn't stop me from staying up until 1:00 am to see how everything would end.

The things Magnus was doing as a ghost to Lexie, not all of it was his doing.

The books ending was definitely a weird one, that's for sure. But really the book was still pretty good, even if it was strange.

I am so glad that I was able to take part in the tour, after I requested for it.

Goodreads / Website / Amazon / Barnes & Noble / iBooks / Kobo

Author Bio:

Lucas Astor is from New York, has resided in Central America and the Middle East, and traveled through Europe. He lives a very private, virtually reclusive lifestyle, preferring to spend time with a close-knit group of friends than be in the spotlight.

He is an author and poet with a penchant for telling stories that delve into the dark side of the human psyche. He likes to explore the evil that exists, not just in the world, but right next door behind a smiling face.

Photography, making wine, and helping endangered species are just some of his interests. Lucas is an expert archer and enjoys jazz, blues, and classical music.

One of his favorite quotes is: “It’s better to be silent than be a fool.” ~Harper Lee (To Kill a Mockingbird)

Alexandrea Weis is an advanced practice registered nurse who was born and raised in New Orleans. Having been brought up in the motion picture industry, she learned to tell stories from a different perspective and began writing at the age of eight. Infusing the rich tapestry of her hometown into her award-winning novels, she believes that creating vivid characters makes a story memorable. A permitted/certified wildlife rehabber with the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries, Weis rescues orphaned and injured wildlife. She lives with her husband and pets in New Orleans.

GIVEAWAY!